IP IWR Radio
The Landis+Gyr Series 4 IP Radio helps form the powerful Gridstream RF wireless mesh network used in Distribution Automation and Demand Response applications. The radio provides basic mesh functions such as full two-way, peer-to-peer communication to all devices within the… Leer más
IP Connectivity For Advanced RF Mesh Network
The Landis+Gyr Series 4 IP Radio helps form the powerful Gridstream RF wireless mesh network used in Distribution Automation and Demand Response applications. The radio provides basic mesh functions such as full two-way, peer-to-peer communication to all devices within the network, asynchronous spread spectrum frequency hopping, and dynamic message routing to ensure network performance and reliability.
The Series 4 IP Radio is typically used as a DA access point for the mesh network and as a directly connected communication interface with intelligent end devices such as reclosers, switches, and capacitor banks. It offers additional advanced functionality such as individual message prioritization, automatic network registration, and on-board memory for localized intelligence. Through the use of programmable applets, the radios can be used to provide distributed device control capabilities.
The IP Radio provides accessibly from numerous host applications to any device within a Gridstream wireless mesh network through an RJ-45 Ethernet port. Using TCP/IP, the IP Radio can support multiple logical connections into the mesh network. These connections can be configured to support LAN Packet Protocol or act as a transparent port for any asynchronous, byte-oriented protocol over IP such as DNP/IP or Modbus/IP.
The Series 4 IP Radios are housed in an extruded aluminum enclosure and operate on 6 to 28 VDC. The radios utilize a standard SMA-type, female antenna connection and a bi-colored LED is used for radio status information.
- Interoperability – Ability to integrate with numerous partners and supported devices using common protocols.
- Distributed Intelligence – Supports programming at the radio level for near real time monitoring and control functions.
- Individual Message Prioritization – Allows end-devices to interface with other smart grid applications and functions.
- Dynamic Routing – Independent and intelligent routing by each radio in the mesh network.
- Data Security – Encryption security and error-checking algorithms assure integrity and reliability.
- Downloadable Code – Firmware updates easily downloaded over the air.