A revolutionary approach to smart metering technology, the modular design and communication architecture combining RF Mesh, G3-PLC and LTE technologies make the new Landis+Gyr E360 meter a future-proof solution ready for the IoT world. Utilities no longer need to choose… Leer más
The new IoT meter
A revolutionary approach to smart metering technology, the modular design and communication architecture combining RF Mesh, G3-PLC and LTE technologies make the new Landis+Gyr E360 meter a future-proof solution ready for the IoT world. Utilities no longer need to choose and lock to a single communication media and fixed functionality set, but can instead adapt the device to meet the requirements of the future. The flexibility, modular design and long asset lifetime of the E360 deliver utilities exceptional value for their investment.
Intelligent communications concept
The E360 combines multiple communication technologies in a single architecture to meet the topography of the utility’s environment: either RF or PLC communication is integrated in the meter, and for point-to-point communication needs, a LTE module can be added. Several technologies can operate in the same network and in the same system.
Modular gateway design
The modular gateway design of the E360 enables any meter to become a gateway device just by adding a module, removing the need for separate RF collectors or PLC data concentrators. This provides a new level of flexibility in the communications network, as the meter’s role can be changed on-site just by changing the module, without even switching off the power or requiring an electrician, which greatly improves meter installation and rollout efficiency.
Designed to minimize the TCO
The modular design and the remotely updatable, intelligent firmware platform of the E360 allow energy companies to flexibly adapt to the changes in the regulation, technology and utility’s business models. Integration costs are also reduced by the meter’s compliance with IDIS (Interoperable Device Interface Specifications) protocol.
A Fair Meter
The E360 has been designed from scratch to follow the key principles of the Fair Meter initiative, ensuring energy, emissions, materials, safety of resources and circularity requirements are considered in all stages of the meter's lifecycle.
- Modular communications supporting G3 PLC, RF mesh and LTE
- Resilient design providing long asset lifetime and high-level security
- Integrated NAN
- Gateway modules remove need for separate master meters or data concentrators
- Consumer Information Interface allows easy integration to consumer applications
- Remotely updatable firmware
- Standardized and interoperable (IDIS/DLMS/COSEM)
- Designed according to the Fair Meter principle
- Optional integrated load switch
- Wireless & wired multi-energy support (M-Bus)
- Programmable demand-response functions
- Sophisticated network quality of supply functionalities
- Anti-tampering package
- Point-to-Point, Radio Frequency and OFDM G3 PLC RF
- Europe, the Middle East and Africa